Course Duration and Start Dates
A Learner can enroll and start this Course Bundle at any time of the year. Progress at a pace that suits your schedule from your home or office.
From registration straight through to certification, both courses will be completed online within a 6 month period (or sooner) via Novtel's convenient web-based Student Portal. As long as you have access to a computer and the internet, you will be able to progress and complete the courses in your own time, no matter where you are.
Who should enrol for this Course Bundle?
The online Sage Pastel Course Bundle will suit you if:
- You have no qualification in, or no/limited knowledge of Bookkeeping
- You want to apply your new skills immediately once you have achieved Fasset Accredited Certification
- You would like to embark on a new career in Bookkeeping, using Sage Pastel Accounting Software
- You would like to advance your current career by acquiring new skills in Sage Pastel Accounting Partner
- You would like to launch your own business as a Consultant, providing computerized Accounting services to Clients
- You are an Entrepreneur, Accountant or Manager wishing to enhance your skills and knowledge of computerised Bookkeeping
- You are not able to attend classes; or you simply prefer completing your training online in the comfort of your own home, in your own time and at your own pace
*No refunds will be granted for courses not completed.
Course 1: Content & index -
Bookkeeping Basics (Beginner)
Course 2: Content & index -
Sage Pastel Accounting Partner (Intermediate)
Dedicated Support by a Certified Trainer
Receive unlimited online and telephonic support by a certified Sage Pastel Trainer for the duration of your course access period,
during Novtel office hours. When required, we can even arrange a remote support session via 'TeamViewer' to conveniently access and
assist the learner online on their own computer.
Price Match Policy
Novtel's price matching guarantee allows you to buy your preferred Sage Pastel course with confidence.
We want you to be able to choose a course based on the most effective and convenient course delivery method,
quality of content, training aids and comprehensive support available; not price.
Click here to learn more.
Course Bundle Access and Requirements
What is a Sage Pastel Course Bundle?
An online Sage Pastel Course Bundle consists of 2 courses which are sold as a unit to a single Learner at a discounted price.
A 6 month access period applies to the Course Bundle as a whole. As long as you complete both the Bookkeeping Basics Beginner and Pastel Partner Intermediate courses before the access period expires, you will have full control of your studying pace.
For example, should you complete the first Beginner course within the first 2 months of your course access period, you will still have 4 months remaining in which to complete the second Intermediate course of this Bundle.
Is Novtel authorised to provide training in Sage Pastel?
Yes. Novtel is an Authorised Sage Pastel Training Centre (ATC). As a result:
- Our online Sage Pastel courses are supported by original printed Sage Pastel Training Manuals, which a learner will receive by post
- During the final step of your course, you will be directed to the official Sage Pastel website where you will write your final online assessment
- Fasset Accredited Certification is then issued to the learner, directly by Sage Pastel
When are courses scheduled to start?
All our online courses are self-paced. This means that a learner can enrol and start at any time. Each learner's access to a course will be valid from the date of purchase. Once activated, you will be able to study and make progress at your own pace and according to your own time schedule within the course access period.
Can I complete a course from home, no matter where I live?
Yes. As our courses are produced and supported in an online format, you are able to complete the course from the comfort of your own home or office and from any country in the world, as long as you have access to the internet, a computer with audio capabilities and a current e-mail account.
Is the course access period an indication of how long it will take to complete the course/s?
No. The course access period allocated to a specific course (e.g. 3 months) or Course Bundle (e.g. 6 months), is simply the amount of time the learner will have in which to complete the course/s before online access to the course material expires.
Learners can easily complete a course in a much shorter period of time depending on the learner's studying pace, ability to grasp the content; and how much available time is spent on working through the course material.
What do I need to be able to participate in an online course?
To participate in an online training course, a Learner must be at least 16 years of age and will be required to have the following:
- Access to a computer with a CD/DVD drive and audio capabilities
- Access to the internet, with a guaranteed connection speed of at least 2 Mbps
- A current e-mail account
- A basic level of computer & Maths literacy
- A good command of the English language
- A PDF reader installed on the device (such as Adobe Reader)
Are any courses available in a language other than English?
No. All training content and online support are available in English only.
I don't have Pastel Partner software. Can I still enrol for the course?
Yes! Included in your printed Sage Pastel Training Manual, you will receive a complementary Sage Pastel Partner Educational Version installation disc, which you can install on your computer for the purpose of this course. This Educational version will remain active for a limited period of time or 2 500 transactions, whichever comes first.
Training videos - what can I expect?
Novtel's training videos can be viewed online via our website; or offline via a complimentary USB flash drive, for as many times as you wish within your course access period.
Novtel captures the core of a learning unit in each video it produces; with an average viewing time of approximately 10-15 minutes per video. By combining visual effects, software demonstrations (where applicable) and English audio in each of our training videos, we can offer Learners a convenient and captivating learning experience.
All our training videos were produced, tested and verified to play seamlessly at a high quality of 720p when a guaranteed internet connection speed of at least 2Mbps is maintained. For more information on the requirements for optimal viewing of videos online, please click here
. However, if your internet connection speed does not allow for optimal viewing of your course videos online, simply view the videos offline from the complimentary USB flash drive provided.
Do I need to submit any written assignments during an online course?
No written assignments are required during any of our online courses. A learner may however be required to complete self-assessment quizzes as he/she progresses through a course. These quizzes will be completed online and will not count towards the final pass mark.
Will I have to write an exam at the end of a course?
Yes. To achieve certification a learner will be required to write an exam before their course access period expires. All assessments are to be written online; and can therefore be completed from home; or at any location where access to the internet is available.
Will I be able to communicate with the Course Instructor during the course?
Of course! You will receive unlimited online and telephonic support by a certified Sage Pastel Trainer during your course access period within Novtel office hours. We can even arrange to assist you on your own computer by means of a remote support session via 'TeamViewer'. This free online application will allow us to provide a live demonstration, explanation or assistance no matter where you are.
Can I purchase this training course for an Employee on behalf of my Company?
Absolutely. When the Employee registers for their course online, they will simply select the 'Payment by Sponsor' payment option, which will allow a third party (e.g. employer, agency, spouse, etc) to receive a copy of the invoice and settle the payment on their behalf.
What does a Sage Pastel Certification confirm?
- A Sage Pastel certification allows employees to apply their skills immediately after completing accreditation training
- It's a globally accepted means of assessing an essential set of abilities
- When employees are confident using Sage Pastel, they will deliver a significant return on investment back to their employer
- A Sage Pastel certificate is evidence that an employee is competent enough to perform the tasks assigned to him/her
- Certification shows the determination and ability of an employee to complete a task
What is the meaning of Fasset Accredited Certification?
Fasset is the SETA for Finance, Accounting, Management Consulting and other Financial Services.
Fasset continually monitors the delivery of quality assurance with respect to the courses for which Sage Pastel has been accredited. As a result, training attendees who pass their Sage Pastel assessments will gain credits toward a formal quailfication and will (South African) employers be eligible to claim back the training costs in line with South Africa's Skills Development Levy Act.